Monday, May 4, 2009

Blog stuff

So, I'm thinking I'm gonna turn this into a semi-regular blog not only about Barney's Mind but about other stuff that catches my attention and I wish to share with you people.

So, to start things out I'm gonna give you a brief bit of info about me.


My name is Ian Riley and I am 23 and I live in central Maine. I rent a medium-sized apartment and share it with my three cats and occasionally my girl-friend (she recently moved out for a job a little ways away but it's all good, we needed some time apart).

I recently graduated from the University of Maine in Orono and I'm currently employed at a small company in Lincoln, Maine called Foresight Engineering (www.fepc.us) where I am a Civil/Structural Engineer and the IT professional. This is my office:

And this is my office:
And this is also my office:


As you can see I do a lot of work for the paper mills around here. But I also do residential and commercial design as well as 3D drafting. It's an amazing job because every day is something completely unique and exciting. Like for example, just last week I was working on a column that rusted and buckled in a pulp mill:

and this week I'm working on the structural system of a senior housing complex in town (designing the foundation as we speak).

So, that's my job and I love it. Other things I do are play excessive amounts of video games (Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, and Smash Brothers are some of my favorites), read books (I like fantasy books such as Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, currently reading Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series), watch movies (don't care for TV that much but I like House and Heroes and discovery channel stuff such as MythBusters, recently been watching a lot of old Star Trek episodes too), I enjoy cars and love to work on them, also I am a private pilot and go flying on a semi-regular basis.

So, that's me in a nutshell. I'll post here again tomorrow but I'm thinking this will be a three times a week journal, maybe less, maybe more.

P.S. Hoping to get the footage of episode 5 up tonight. Estimated release date is sometime end of this week or start of the next.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooookaayyy...you are not that bad

    ReplyDelete