Friday, June 26, 2009

Speed Racer and stuff

Just ranting here, nothing about Barney's Mind.

Anyway, I just watch the movie speed racer. My brother saw it when it first came out and he didn't really like it so I started it with a attitude of "why the hell did I rent this?"

Anyway, so I started watching it and didn't take it seriously at all. I've never seen the cartoon so I don't know how that is but, I must say, you can't take this movie seriously. Given that, I found that I really liked it. Not like, OMG best movie ever, not even a movie I'd want to rent a second time but I found it to be really funny and crazy. It's just so stupid it works.

I dunno, if you're looking for a movie that's fun to watch with some mates and make fun of the whole way then this is a good one.

Now, I'm a big fan of the Wachowski brothers and this film just continues my belief that those guys eat win for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I mean, none of their movies are perfect by far (matrix trilogy ending sucks, V for Vendetta wasn't their idea so no credit there, and this was just stupidly fun) but I honestly like everything they make, can't wait to see what they have next.

Anyway, rock on people.



...okay, fine, Barney's Mind stuff. KrimsonYT is alive and well, talked with him earlier, Barney's Mind - Episode 9 will be coming sometime next week, and I emailed Ross Scott asking him his thoughts on Barney's Mind, stay tuned for that. YAR!

6 comments:

  1. No offense but I hated that movie I saw the first 10 minutes of it and threw the movie out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think thats the problem a lot of people had is they tried to take the movie seriously. I started watching it like you and payed attention for the first 10 minutes and then was like, this is crap, why am I watching this and so I went to my computer and started doing some other things with it on in the background.

    I found that once I did this and if I glanced over and laughed at the stupid stuff (basically every other scene) and started making fun of the movie I found that suddenly the whole thing made sense and worked wonderfully.

    But, yeah, I found it to be more of a "huh, thats funny" rather than something outsiding and amazing. I can completely understand people not liking it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Speed Racer, it was pretty funny. And you describe it perfectly by saying that it's a movie tht you cant take seriously.
    Can't wait to hear what Ross Scott thinks of Barneys Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Crap.... Billy mays died!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap, I thought you were kidding but he did!

    P.S. Is it sad that this is the guy I care about most out of the three that died? I think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. His death affected me the most too. :(

    ReplyDelete