Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Barney's Mind - Episode 10 stuff

So, Episode 10 is taking a large amount of time due to two things. First off I had to setup fraps and steam and Blue Shift and everything. Oh, and before I forget, since I had to find the command again here is the command to hide the HUD in opposing force and blue shift: drawhud 0

Anyway, so then I skipped to the yard level and then realized that I had no weapons so I cheated to get all the weapons but that gives you ALL the weapons so I then had to empty the ammo out of all of them. BLARG! What a pain that was.

This brings me to the other thing; I did all the filming, started editing and combining things and got to the point where I was going to do dialog as well as post the raw footage but I realized that there was something wrong about the footage. I finally realized that the audio was a little off, it sounded very "tinny" like I was hearing things through a tin can. At that point I had to go to bed for work in the morning but I think either fraps or my sound card is messing things up. I'll do some test recordings and hopefully get this fixed right away but it's looking like episode 10 might not be done until the end of the week.

EDIT: WEEEeeeeeeee COFFfffeeeee!!!

DOUBLE EDIT: Edge loaded concrete footings are evil, I say we just get some level 30 titans and stick them in the ground and tell them to hold up this building.

8 comments:

  1. Damm mate i was looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, two cups of coffee plus engineering equals crazy pirate.

    (if you're curious I'm designing a concrete foundation footing but the footing column isn't in the center of the footing, it's near the edge, this causes the footing to tilt so I have all these extra forces I have to account for as well as the fact that I now have to check to make sure the footing doesn't tip over or the extra tilting load doesn't overpower the soil below it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you an architect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, I was laughing so much in Shepard's mind, and kinda cool to see all the glass Ross/Freeman smashed out is still broken when Adrian goes there, including the now cold casserole. Wonder what happens to him anyway, when the Combine invade, does he fight for the Resistence like Barney does?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops I posted the above comment on the wrong blog entry :/

    ReplyDelete