Saturday, July 4, 2009

Minor delay

Well, two things happened today. First, my brother and family were here and invited me out to movie and dinner and then fireworks (which actually happened here despite the rain) so that cut into a lot of the time I had for BM.

I would have been fine though as I was planning on doing BM in the morning but my laptop died on me. It doesn't have any BM stuff on it but I used it a lot for work so I wanted to find out what was wrong so that I can get it fixed before monday.

So, these combined meant I didn't get any work done today. I'm working on it right after this and may have it out by late tonight but no promises.

Other stuff: fireworks were awesome, best ones they've had up here in years. Also, my laptop seems to have a bad power adapter. It's only putting out something like 11V but it should be putting out 19V. I have a backup AC adapter but it's old and only works about 30% of the time. I disassembled the laptop to make sure it was not anything internal but everything checkout fine in there and the solder points on the DC plug were all fine and the battery is working OK (or at least as OK as a 3 year old laptop battery). I think I missed a plug putting it back together cause now it boots to a BIOS error but I'll deal with that after I finish BM.

Anyway, happy 4th of July for the US people out there. For everyone else, happy Saturday. Oh, and as KrimsinYT (I spelled it right this time) pointed out to me, happy belated Canada day for you too.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day! Wait... Darn it I'm a day late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay,l my 4th was awesome! We set off a bunch of firecrackers in a backet. Anyways, I can't wait for Ep 9 to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be on skype on monday or tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, would you want to join in Krimsin? We could do a joint one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should see if Ross Scott could join. You could have a meeting of the Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, do I need to have Skype to losten to this Q&A?

    ReplyDelete
  7. to listen to it live, yes. I am going to record it and post it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :/ I wanna listen to it live but I don't have Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a free small download and an easy install. It's very useful and everyone should have it. If you don't want to do that though you can wait for us to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the delay wasn't a problem man u should hang out with family on holiday

    ReplyDelete