Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Podcast Pilot

Podcast Pilot

Podcast tentatively titled Games, Movies, TV and Stuff and will be a podcast about entertainment events and occasionally some other stuff that we find interesting.

Credits:
Hosts: Ian 'Pirate' Riley and Dylan 'Trekkie' Riley
Music: On Your Own - By Mossback (used under Creative Commons license)

So, here's the podcast pilot. Note the word 'pilot'. It is rough and designed for us (and you) to figure out what works and what doesn't. So, please comment on what you liked, what you didn't like, and what you think we could do that could make it better.

Here's somethings that I noticed that I'm going to do:
  • I sound too cheerful all the time, I need to have some more emotional variety.
  • Better sound setup, too quiet a recording so I had to up the volume giving it a background hum.
  • Better stuff to talk about, stuff that's more interesting like reviews and such.
  • A little more structure (but I want to keep it all unscripted).
  • Also, a little more point and counter point, me and Dylan agreed on things a little too much.
So, this is Episode 0 and we'll take any feedback we get and hope to produce a premier episode soon for your enjoyment.

P.S. Not that anyone cares but there's a new Freeman's Mind out: FM - Episode 12

9 comments:

  1. It's too long. Make the next one shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it sounded alright. The only thing I would say is, don't babble so much when you're unsure about something; just say that you're not sure and move on. Yeah, I'm one to talk. (Heh.) My speech is worse than yours. But then, you're the one doing a show, so... Just a suggestion, of course.

    Other than that minor issue, I didn't find anything to complain about. Keep going with this, I think it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazara here,
    I realy liked it not alot of things that went rong i gues :P.
    and 30 min is just nice to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That P.S. sounded really arrogant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The P.S. was supposed to be a joke, no arrogance involved. (hell, come on, if you know me you know I'm never happy with what I do, I could never be arrogant)

    ReplyDelete
  6. about Left 4 dead 2-

    The AI director 2's Spacial control feature means that the AI director can not only control where zombies spawn and how many, etc. but it will also be able to control the environment you're in- it'll be able to physically change the map (new paths will open up, old paths will be blocked off so the run-through will change every time, it'll be able to create different types of weather like rain, thunder, darkness, etc.).

    The AI Director 2 sounds cool, but IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT INTO LEFT 4 DEAD ONE as an update! I agree with you in that it seems like they had a few expansion-pack style ideas, but they stretched it into a whole new game. We'll see, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, good to know (yeah, can you tell we weren't prepared enough on the topics).

    Anyway, did you like the podcast Janet, would you regularly listen to something like this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say I would. I'm a podcast junkie so I don't mind it being 30 minutes long on average, either. Pod casts make my work a little less soul-crushing! LOL

    I liked it, but maybe a few things:

    1.) Do a review section. I thought you were going to review the Guitar Hero drum set and HP6, but you speculated on it instead. I think the news section was good (like the L4D2 stuff) but it would be interesting to hear reviews of stuff. I'm on the fence about whether or not to see HP6 (yes, I'm 20 years old and thinking of seeing it. SO WHAT?!?)and would have liked to hear a review. Not too many spoilers, but whether or not it's worth the hassle.

    2.) Watch the mumbling. Sometimes you trail off into kind of a mumble or sometimes you talk sort of fast. Annunciate and slow down. Think smooth jazz radio d.j. HAHAHAHA :-)

    Good stuff tho, Ian. And I know it was just a pilot, so it'll only get better (and easier for you).

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1) OHHhhhhh yea, the majority of the show will be reviews. Unfortunately I hadn't done or seen anything to review lately, so we had to skip that. I plan on the first episode to review harry potter 6 as well as something else (and I'm 23 and have read all the books and seen all the movies, so :P I win)

    2) Yeah, we we're quite un-prepared and I basically took all my public speaking college classes and forgot everything they taught me. We'll be a lot better with that next time and we'll be really good after a bit of practice.

    Well, I hope to do it more often and it's not just going to be me and my brother, I thoroughly plan on this having regular guests. I hope that my brother will join me for a bunch of them but I plan on trying to get a lot of interested people from the Barney's/Shephard's Mind group to guest host as well.

    ReplyDelete