Monday, January 4, 2010

Back

So, I took a little break, and haven't been answered many comments like I usually do. But since I'm back to my normal work schedule I figure I'll get back to comments as well.

First off, yes, I'm going to do more series' after I finish re-doing Episode 1-3. Some other questions, no I'm not going to be doing another Q&A, at least not any time soon. I may do a making of video but we'll see. I am however going to do a blooper video sometime soon, kind-of like KrimsinYT's video he just put out (it was my idea first :P). Also, no I'm not considering doing anything with HL2 or any future Barney as of yet. That doesn't mean it won't happen but I have no plans for it right now.

Some people have also asked me about the jet fighter at the end of Episode 15. It got teleported to a storm off the coast of California. He ejects safely and is rescued by local coast guard.

What else....well for Christmas (I'm not religious but it's a good enough name for a holiday as any) I spent time with my family. This years take included a nice beginner digital camera and tripod, some work clothes, Dragon Age: Origins (awesome game), L4D2 (also awesome), some snow tires for my car (thanks Mom), some engineering rulers and some really nice dial calipers (thanks Dad), and a few other goodies.

Was gonna have a party going on this new years but that fell through on account of the snow storm so me and my brother hung out and played guitar hero, had some beers, and watched the ball drop, good times.

In other news I've been enjoying the vacation and, to continue my fanatic worshiping of Avatar XD I've been learning the Na'vi language. It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be and it's a ton of fun. If you want to learn as well check out learnnavi.org (my name on there is Ftiafpi).

Not much else to report. I'm probably not going to post anything new for about a month except perhaps the blooper video. I'll then post the re-makes of Episode 1-3 and then I'll move onto the two new series' of AvP2 and the funny series of which I still don't have a name for.

Tsun oe ngahu pivängkxo a fì’u oeru prrte’ lìmeiu, kìyevame

24 comments:

  1. Re "Christmas": you could do what the Brothers Chaps do and call it Decemberween. :->

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I usually call it Decemberween but I felt like being normal for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so ian can you do "the making of" vid caus im thinking of doing a mind searys

    oh and are you going to do another q&a vid and post it on youtube this time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops i did not read they whole post sry

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ian i just leard that you play dnd i have a good story thoght up that you can use since no one in my town plays dnd. so would you like to hear the story?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't mind hearing it but in interest of fair warning there's no chance I would use it since I'm currently in a game and already have about 5 different story ideas for future campaigns so I'm all set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok but feel free to use it any time =) hear is the story (you can change any part of the story if you want to)note this is using the forgoten realms ruleset.
    now on to the story :the heros get a letter asking for thear help that some weird things are going on in some city (you chose)(kinda like systum shock 2 style of weird stuff)anyway if the heros chose not to go thear they will evantly get more urgent letters. anyway the heros go thear and evantly find out that (A)mind flayers have inflatrated the city and are slowly taking it over
    (B)the yuan-ti has turn the lord of the town and some of the other high officals into tainted ones and are planing to use the city as a place to start world conquest
    (c) mind flayers and the yuan-ti are fighting over control of the city and you could join ether side or destroy both.
    or finally
    (D) a small lake under the city is infested with abuothos (sry cant spell it right)
    that are minpalating events in the city.

    feel free to coment on it

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and ian. ross has posted a new vid im probly not going to see it but you might want to

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey ian what dose that say at the end can you translait it ples

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tsun oe ngahu pivängkxo a fi'u oeru prrte' lìmeiu, kìyevame literally means:

    Be able I with you chat that/which this I pleasure was, see you soon

    It's a weird order because Na'vi doesn't have a verb order but rather uses infixes to denoted what verb goes to what object.

    It translates to:
    It was a pleasure to chat with you, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks ian you rock =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I second the making of vid, so long as you're up to it. It's harrowing learning movie maker, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the audio recordings...

    I decided to go for it with Chell's Mind. I'm female and in my twenties, so hopefully this works out...wish me luck!!!

    By the way, I saw Avatar, and I spent the entire last two thirds with tears in my eyes. (That never happens!) Thanks SO much for hyping it! It was FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cyhanide ill be looking forward for chells mind but be warned someone has already done it and it sucked so do not be surprised if viewers mistake it as the suckey version

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey ian if avp2 has elivators i got a good elavator song its from timesplitters future perfect the song is called" disco a go go" it would be a awsome song to use you can downlode it at timesplitter music box

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this blog post was what made me want to learn Na'vi. So irayou!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huh. Watching it and listening to myself for the first time makes me wonder why my voice range is so broad...I made "Chell's Mind - 00" and posted it. Kinda mediocre, but then again, I have no idea what I'm doing so it'll get better as I learn. I can see why the Minds do this. It's more fun than I'd initially thought it would be.

    I had a legitimate question, though: How do I get YouTube to let me use the title frame for every video thumbnail? The three frames I'm getting are not the ones I want...

    ReplyDelete
  17. @HTML_Earth: Awesome! Kaltxì ma tsmukan.

    @CyhAnide: You have to purchase an account from google, not worth it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey is anyone doing a hldecay mind yet? oh and ian have you thoght about using that song i sujested?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, I don't think I'll have any elevator scenes coming up but if I do I'll see about using it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fiddlesticks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. mr. rily hows progress on redoing ep1

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't started yet, too much Na'vi.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't say I blame you. My Japanese obsession is borderline neurotic. Speaking of which, I found a perfect quote to describe the locker scene from Barney's POV. It's from the anime "Seitokai no Ichizon":

    "Talking with a locker is more surreal than you think."

    ReplyDelete