Friday, August 13, 2010

JUSTICE!!!!

Hey, guys, remember about this time last year when I moved to my new apartment and I couldn't update Barney's Mind for a while because my internet company kept fucking me over? Well, you probably also missed the many month long saga after that where they kept charging me for services I didn't have and failing to send me my bills to the right address. Seriously, I memorized their customer service number it was so bad. About the only reason I stuck with them was because I had put so much effort into getting their damn service I didn't want to waste it and start all over. (Also, they have the best quality internet around).

It also seems like I'm far from the only one they've screwed over. Apparently tons of people were having the same problems I was or worse. Apparently, the real problem all stem from their crappy billing system that kept screwing up setup orders, billing records, billing addresses, etc.

Anyway, fast forward a bit, I just realized today that I haven't received a bill from them in a while. This happened when I moved last year and caused me to get behind in my bills because I'm too lazy to keep track of them unless they mail them to me. So, anyway, I'm basically cursing them and their crappy computers and I call them up and their fucking office is closed! Bastards! So, I called the automated account thing and after fighting with that for a bit I get to my account balance and, totally expecting it to be like $150 or something annoying, the stupid automated voice tells me it's:

$0.00

Oh that just suc-wait? What?! I owe you nothing? The automated voice than says "your last payment was on June something-or-other". Ummm, so I haven't been billed since then?

SWEET!!! VICTORY IS MINE! JUSTICE IS SWEET AND AWESOME AND GOOD! I NOW HAVE FREE INTERNET THANKS TO MY INTERNET COMPANIES CRAPPY BILLING SYSTEM!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Awesome.

32 comments:

  1. Ian, Chuck Norris, and Jesus are the only people who can have good luck on the most unlucky day of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reject all superstitions. Friday the 13th is, if anything, one of my more favorite days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SWEET IRONY

    and yeah Friday the 13th has never been a bad day for me. Not always super-awesome, but never bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that they don't read this post then it would be unlucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ian im happy that you dont owe them anything but lay off the fbombs i meen this is your blog but i perfer blog post that have littel to no cussing

    ps. cute cat pic

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ian after yesterday I'm sure this would be one of your favorite day of the year

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY CRAP, I MISSED FRIDAY THE 13TH?!

    TT_TT My life is over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! That's great Ian! Oh man, free internet! You gotta love irony!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately, I didn't miss it. The e-mail system at work along with a few other things stopped working because LDAP failed, so we got cluster bombed with phone calls. Thankfully, it came back up that afternoon.

    On Friday the 13th, the entire world gets divided into three groups: Bad luck people, good luck people, and everyone else where absolutely nothing happens. The first category applied to me.

    @Cyh: I would say you were in a mix between the 1st and 3rd category coming from your comment

    @Ian: Dude, that is absolutely awesome!!! Congrats on the free internet!!! Any chance you can give some of those free interwebs to us? lol but seriously, that is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anon: I swear when I want to, I will not make any changes. If I feel like swearing I will swear.

    @Cyh: Hahaha, yes you did. :P Are you like me where Friday the 13th is, if anything, a super-lucky day?

    @Crazed: Yes, free internets are great. Unfortunately, I can't share it... that would be fun though. I imagine they'll catch on eventually but, for now, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There, footage for Episode 1 is all done (I think). Now it's time to record 1/2 hour of dialog! WEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ian: It's no rush. Have fun with it. Enjoy the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lan@ you are lucky as hell!!!!

    here in my coutry my internet is ..is...ahhhh!!!!! man a can't say how bad it's...

    ...hey my friday 13th was good,I finally bougth goldeneye for N64,my Ipod touch arrived at my house,I went to an steampunk event,AND some people here were without electricity except for me and my family...man...this was a good day

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ian: Yeah, good things tend to happen to me on Friday the 13th. However, I think I got some extra credit since I went to rent a movie tonight, found nothing good to rent, and somehow found myself at the one movie rental kiosk which gave the perfect vantage point for the fireworks finale of a baseball game. I must have been extra-good this month.

    EPIC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Cyh: Ooh, free unexpected fireworks are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait, it was Friday the 13th? ...Where was I?

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey ian are you keeping some of the radio conversations? cuase some are key to the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. good news guys a new episode of freemans mind has been posted yahoo =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Anon: Yes I watched it and it was great and totally worth the wait. But for the next episode though, you guys have to wait because he won't be working on it until he finishes the animation works for the next CP episode.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey guys ross scott is going to be interviewed today you can find out more at acursed farms (its ross's website)


    ps. plese dont think that this is spam ian i just want to tell the people here about it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Ian. I was wondering: I'm planning to start working on 2 big game-mods. Both briefly involve Barney.

    Basically, although both are in the Half-Life universe, not one of the familiar characters will say what they usually say. I thought that when Barney makes his brief appearances in them, you might do the voice. After all, your imitation is good.

    This is just an idea for now. tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When they figure out you aren't being billed they will send a very LARGE bill... So which would you prefer smaller bills or a big bill?

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey guys acursed farms is down i think ross is changing the website

    ReplyDelete
  25. well because i went there and it was down and then two hours later i went back and the site looked very diffrent

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, my bad, I meant the first Anon. I was wondering why he thought I would get billed a whole bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey ian hows progres on harrsons?
    and have you had the chance to hear the ross interview/q&a?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maybe you should add whatever's in the bracket below into your next video

    (WHAT THE FU-BOOM)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm kind of really glad to have my internet. It's always there when I need it. I do want wireless, though. Then I won't have to transfer all my writing to the desktop constantly. Hell, I could make a network and have the computers talk to each other!

    I think they'd get along really well.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have wireless...or rather, I had wireless but I broke the antenna off my router the other day. Bah, stupid antenna.

    ReplyDelete