Saturday, September 18, 2010

Updates

Okay, first, Harrison's Mind. It's slowly happening, as predicted a girlfriend has (happily) occupied all my time normally spent on games as well as video making. Fret not though, it will happen and it would have already been released if it was a normal length episode. As it stands I have about 1/3 of it done...doesn't seem like much but if I could just get a few hours to sit down and get it done I could probably have it to 2/3 done and maybe have it done in a week or two. At the very least, I'm going to work on it a bit tonight and I'll see what I can get done.

Let's see....what else?

Got Cyh hooked on Castle as payback for her getting me hooked on Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series. Both are great shows if you haven't seen them. Though I still have to pay her back for getting me hooked on staying up till 6 AM and sleeping in till 4 PM. It's so fun though so I guess I'll just have to forgive her for that.

What else?

Ummm, not much I guess. Made a parody/tribute of that discovery channel song The World Is Just Awesome in Na'vi and sent it to Dr. Paul Frommer (creator of the language) for his birthday yesterday. He loved it, said it was the best gift he received (wow, either that meant a lot to him or he got some crappy gifts >_<). Check it out if you want, it's short and actually came out pretty good if I may say so (I generally hate my singing voice).

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hbwZEeI9k

Anyway, back to exercising!

EDIT: YES! Another epic mind series may have just been born: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AH0Y7Pla_s

It's so well done and, aside from some technical issues (letterbox for the loss), is really good and shows A LOT of promise. Can't wait to see more from this guy. He's got Corky, Cyh, and myself posting this on our blogs so he should get a lot of new viewers. Can't wait to see more of it if he continues.

EDIT AGAIN: Uploaded a video with One Minute of Harrison's Mind - Episode 1, enjoy!

40 comments:

  1. That song was actually pretty good, I lol'd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job Ian! You certainly sing far better than me.

    Congrats again on the girlfriend! Remember to have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. planning anthing special for international talk like a pirate day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @IRL_EOIN: Other than talking like a pirate all day, not really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting that man, I really appreciate all you guys are doing for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a problem, you deserve it. I think we may have a new addition to our group of awesome minds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That song is pretty well done, I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking about doing a "Mind" series. Maybe I will. Whatever. Anyway. Ian, have you checked out "A Light in the Darkness" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey ian are you still going to keep it "more serious than other minds" or will it be barneys mind IN SPACE!! ether way i dont mind but i just wanted to know

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey ian have you gotten around to hear ross scott's talkshoe interview yet? it was very good and he had something to say about the mind spinoffs

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like its time for a bug hunt

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey ian dont forget to put "disco a go go" in somewere (perhaps as elavator music or as a disco nightmare room)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah...listen to that Ross Scott interview. They say that I'm a dude doing Chell's Mind about halfway through... =_=#

    Either that, or they haven't done their research. (I'm betting the latter.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think that they meant the other chells mind which was a dude.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Anon: Yeah, that's what I thought too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Ian: Hmm...looks like Cynder left a permanent mark on Chell's reputation.

    I'm glad I'm a chick. *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  17. As am I. :P ^_^

    Wait...why are you still up, get to bed, you've been up all night! *stern glare* :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait, which interview mentioned Chell's Mind? I couldn't find it? Links? Chur!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Simon: Yeah, me too. I also couldn't find the link anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  20. its at acursed farms a website by ross scott there's a mp3 link there I think.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Ian: And who's fault is it that I'm awake?!

    *laugh* Kidding. Hope your stomach is feeling better, by the way.

    (Yes, I'm going to sleep now. The sun has risen. XP Nightcrawlers FTW!!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Cyh: It was totally not my fault you were awake. :P (Maybe slightly my fault...)

    Yes, my tummy does feel a lot better and I have coffee now. *slurp* Well, silly vampire, I hope you sleep well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Ian, sorry to bother but, could you check out my blog: "Media Versus." And see if it looks like a fun idea? It's at
    www.streetkid-mediaversus.blogspot.com

    Thank You. :]

    ReplyDelete
  24. @StreetKid: Meh, it looks good but I'm the wrong person to ask, I really don't care too much for those "vs. games".

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Okay. I just wanted someone to see it. Are any of the other "Mastermind" into that kind of thing?

    -StreetKid

    ReplyDelete
  26. I meant to say Masterminds.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So is every episode of Harrison's Mind expected to take this long? I understand that it's going to take up more than one entire Youtube video, but can we expect the same wait time? Are you going to shorten down the episodes at all to have a faster production rate?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, totally. The next episode wont take nearly as long to setup and wont be nearly as hard to record dialog for. Also, every episode will be 6-10 minutes long, so at the very least it will be 1/3 of Episode 1.

    ReplyDelete
  30. hey ian are you going to take advanatge the 15 mins? if you are i have a few suggestion's of what you can do with the extra mins.

    1. you can make episode longer with more gamplay (or is it mindplay?)

    2 you can use the extra 15 by putting any bloopers you have made when working on that episode

    3 you can use the extra time by ansering a question from ether your blog or chanal kinda like a mini q&a

    4 you put a trailor of the next episode with what time you left

    5 have mini episode included with the left over time mabey a crazy ian short.


    so what do you think of my suggestions?
    feel free to reply and have a nice day.

    banjo tooie

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Banjo Tooie

    I'd say suggestions 1,4,and 5. That's just me of course.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, Ian, have you checked out the new Sacrifice comic? There are 4 parts, with 3 parts already released. The 3rd part had just been recently released on September 28. If you haven't, then check it out.

    http://www.l4d.com/comic/

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Rallinale Yea! I'm reading it right now! I'm hooked! It's pretty addicting!

    -StreetKid

    ReplyDelete
  34. did one of you mess with butterflies because we're gettin' soaked?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Ian check this out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDo_chJSXCY&feature=related

    Skip to about 3:20

    This is like Barney's worst nightmare! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Shawn's Mind! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9LTZa2DQvw&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  37. @cyberninja
    i did because i was bored mwahhhahaa

    ReplyDelete
  38. hey ian i know this off topice but what would you reccomend as a fallout 3 mind logo ?
    so far i thinking of using the vault 101 logo or vault boy

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Shawn W. Givens
    I'll check it out. Best of hopes to ya.

    ReplyDelete