Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stupid Drivers

Long rant about an idiot driver today:

So, I was driving along the freeway this morning to work in the snow and one lane is pretty much unplowed and the other has bare pavement so it's reasonably good driving in that lane.

I'm doing 60 MPH a ways behind a truck (flashing speed limit was 45, normal speed limit is 65) and quite content with that speed. Then, some asshole in a white sedan comes roaring up behind me. They tailgate me for a few minutes and then decide to pass me. As they're going by me they start revving their engine (which sounds like it was about to die), not sure why, maybe the snow was so thick they couldn't get by me? Anyway, I realize that they're not going to pass me so I start to slow down to let them by...but so do they. Whatever, I speed up and they drop back behind me.

They then decided to start tailgating me about 2 feet from my bumper, doing 60! They flash their lights at me a bunch and start acting super reckless. I have no idea what their problem is. So, I give this big exaggerated shrug and look in the rear-view mirror and they're motioning for me to pull over! What the hell? As if! I wasn't really sure what to do to make them shut-up so I decided that the best thing to do was nothing and let the assholes suffer. I was wondering what they would do if I had to brake because they'd be buying me a new car for sure.

Anyway, they continue flashing their lights and trying to get me to pull over (which is stupid, even if I do it's not like the truck in front of me is going to do the same, or any of the number of other people in front of the truck). After about a mile of this we come to an off-ramp and they swerve over and fly up it still doing 60. The off-ramp is also unplowed and I can see them skidding everywhere. I was hoping so much to see them spin off the road (where they can't hurt anyone).

If I ever see that car again I'm going to slash it's tires. One of the most reckless drivers I've seen in a while, and most of the people in Maine are pretty sane when it comes to driving in the snow.

20 comments:

  1. Oh shit, your car wouldn't happen to be a red Focus, would it, OOPS.

    But seriously, I fucking hate those types of people, the other day I was driving on 35 MPH road, and out of nowhere, this guy, going about 50 in this huge truck, is riding my ass, inches away from my bumper, and I wasn't about to speed up because that road is littered with police officers, unless he was one, so I decide to turn on my lights to make it look like I'm braking, but noo, he just speeds up, so I roll down the window, give the hick the hand gester to back the fuck off, and he flicks me off, so I just pull into a subdivision, let him pass, and get back on the road, a few miles up, I see his car parked at an all you can eat BBQ buffet, so I take out a piece of paper, write in nice big letters "FUCK YOU >:(" put it under his wipers, and drove off, that was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really do that, Cool? Because if you did, you deserve a big e-cookie and real cookie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can't stand people down here, and they're too dumb to find out I was doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this makes me reeeeaal eager to get my licence. I'm being sarcastic just so u know. Ugh, and I have to learn to drive in Atlanta. Or near Atlanta at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @StreetKid: You should come up to Maine with me, we can play chicken with the snow plows. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ian Sounds awesome! I might take you up on that offer. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned to drive in Atlanta, it was cool :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on the highway and saw these two guys fucking with each other on the highway. We saw one of the guys later and stopped at a light. He had a KID IN HIS CAR! A YOUNG CHILD! thats Baltimore. who wants to top that recklessness?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drivers in Wellington are horrible. I've had way too many near misses, and on a Motorbike, a near miss is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ....Ah, now I remember why I haven't gotten a license yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I remember why I don't bother to practice my driving.

    Because it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only drive motorcycles right now. When you get an asshole behind you then, that shit can get dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Krimsin&Corky Slackers. But Robin said he doesn't really need one since he lives in a small town.

    @Panda, I just finished fixing up my old motorcycle, I've had that happen once, but who cares, it's fun as fuck, even if driving it is illegal for me, seeing as how I haven't bothered registering it or getting my Class M license.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been too busy procrastinating my driving test.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe those two have known your mind series and wanted to pull you over just so you can listen to what they think about your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stupid, reckless drivers are like air we breath, no matter where you go, there they are.

    ...Unless you go into space. Then they're not there. BUT we could send them there...then they'd all forget their helmets and oxygen tanks, cuz they're stupid, and then the roads would be safer for all us calm, cool, and collected drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Ian,

    I think you did the best you could with that tailgater. If you'd let him in front, he'd either spin out or, at best, tailgate the truck. He had to see the truck over you. If he hadn't been so wound up, he would have realized you were held back by the truck. Oh, well. You did the right thing. You even tried to let him in front, and he wouldn't take the opportunity.

    By the way, I tried writing to you when I was just starting with "Barney's Mind," but something went wrong. Thank you, so much. It's wonderful work, a lot of fun, and I look forward to sharing it with friends. I'm sure Ross Scott is flattered that he's inspired you with his "Freeman's Mind." We all get inspiration from someone else, somewhere. Your work is a LOT of work, I'm sure, and stands on its own. I wish I could do stuff like that.

    I wish I could upload the cartoon I drew about how bad I am at first-person shooters. Thanks for giving me a chance to enjoy one of those games. I'm sure Blue Shift was tougher, because Barney only has a helmet and vest. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. merry christmas ian

    banjo tooie

    ReplyDelete