Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Left 4 Dead Story

So, for those of you who always wanted to play a game of Left 4 Dead with Cyh (Chell’s Mind), Cool (Freeman’s-ish Mind), and myself (you-know-who’s mind) then here’s what you’re missing out on. :P

Oh, by the way, don’t bother trying to add Cyh to your friends, she’ll just ignore them. XD


After an airplane flies overhead Cool suggested we head to the airport…and then promptly decided to conduct repairs to the ventilation. I mean, you never know when you’ll be coming back here, right? You don’t want the plants to die.



Meanwhile, Cyh decided to check out the pipe insulation. You know, it case it had asbestos in it. That stuff is the silent killer, you can never be too careful.



Leaving the greenhouse we made our way out to the roof. Ahhh, I love the smell of burnt city in the evening.



Cool was still playing around with the plants, though. I have no idea why he’s standing in them, though. But, look! He’s made a new friend.



We forged on, Cool leading the way. However, behind me Cyh tripped and slipped of the edge of the buildings. Damn, lack of handrails.



Cool went to help her. But then he found a penny and, well…this happened.


So, while I helped Cool up from his hunt for loose change, Cyh decided to have a wrestling contest with some guy. Oh well, at least she’s making new friends, too.


To stem the loss of blood Cyh applied some band-aids and a little gauze. You know, because that’s all you need when you’ve been viciously mauled by 20 zombies.



Obviously upset, Cyh decides that she doesn’t care much for this artwork so she decides to kick it. Unfortunately, it gets stuck on her feet which just makes her even more furious. Look and that scowl…


We left the apartment by means of a confident adjacent roof. Apparently someone was hungry, though. Kind of silly if you ask me, there’s a whole greenhouse full of plants back there, I’m sure some of them are edible.




Anyone need a hand?



Cyh decided that what that apartment really needed was a good inferno. I’m not complaining, my hands were cold.



Cool! Don’t you know it’s impolite to stare at a woman’s chest? (And it’s even more impolite to shoot her in the chest?)



This looks like a nice hotel. I hope they have free wi-fi, I need to check my facebook.



Cyh’s keeping the evil police officers off of me. So much badass-ery in this picture!


Form a line please! One at a time!


“This is my door! There are many like it but this one is mine!”



Bill’s gotten so old that he doesn’t even know he’s not holding a gun.



Oh, yay, a bonfire. I wonder what’s cooking?



“We’ll be fine just as long as the zombies don’t figure out how to tightrope walk on barbed wi—DAMNIT!”




Hey! Did you know that your heads come off?



Wow, look at the blood on that wall, somebody must have slipped or something coming down from there.



This is my fire escape, go find your own! (And why do you look like you’re trying to cough up a hairball?)



Goodness, these things just fall right off!



Good job (un-)Cool, you managed to fall out of a window.



And then there was fire…



Agh! It’s all sticky! Why is it sticky?


D’awww, it’s a guy in a hoodie. I wonder if he wants to be my friend?



Oh great, captain steroids is loose.



Don’t worry, Cyh will take care of it.



Nice one, Cyh!



“I hate lawyers! When are they going to get done practicing law.”



Impressive, Cool.



Oh, look! It’s Cyh greeting some of her many fans.



This is what happens when you ask Cyh for Episode 6; she shoots your head off with a shotgun.


Cyh looking badass.



Cyh is so pissed at Cool for shooting the car. I mean, just look at that scowl.



Cyh’s finally given up on Cool and is running away from him as fast as she can.



Cool decided he really, really hated that door.



Here Cool, have some pills.



Wait, why do you look like you’re about to hit me with them? AH! Dammit! No, that’s not how you do it! You’re doing it wrong!



Heh, it’s Cool looking cool.



I think here Cyh is swearing at Cool to stop being such an idiot whilst Cool decides to practice his ninja skills.




Man, Cyh’s just getting all the achievements today.



This is Cool’s trophy picture. He got a 12 point Tank.



Cool’s about to be slapped in the back of the head and he doesn’t even know it.


Something tells me the flights are delayed today.


“I claim this luggage pile in the name of all that is Cool!”



More fire. This one was my fault, I think Cyh’s in there somewhere, too.



Cool has decided to continue his conquest by claiming this police car.



I guess Captain Sullenberger wasn’t flying that one.



Someone must be having a really, really bad day.


Cyh is ready for awesomeness.



I would, too.


Cool’s practicing his jumping again.



Whoops, sorry Cyh. I didn’t mean to set the entire airport on fire.


“The phone’s dead.”



I think Cyh just got me back for all the times I set her on fire.



Cyh is hoping that she doesn’t run into any more fans while Cool is again practicing his ninja skills.



I think we broke physics.



Cyh’s tying her shoelace.


Missed me!



Goodness Cool. Stop jumping!



I don’t remember exactly what happened here but I’m guessing Cool was jumping up the stairs, slipped, and fell down and broke his neck. Good job, Cool.



Oh great! This is fun.


Gah! What’s wrong with your teeth?!



Trust me, this isn’t what it looks like.



Damn it Cool, you just had to walk through the metal detector, didn’t you?



Man, these TSA screeners are getting more and more ruthless these days. Oh well, Atlas shall save us!



I guess as long as you can smile during a zombie apocalypse you’re all set.



Dang it Cool, haven’t we told you not to talk to strangers?



Jackpot!



What? Do I have something on my face?


Oh, yay, a plane.



Uh-oh.



The runway is that way! No, THAT WAY!! ... Oh, nevermind.



Ugh, no leg room at all.



This is the reason airlines loose people’s baggage; gatling guns.



A wild dostillevi has appeared! (My old college roommate)



Dos and Cyh claim the gas truck.



And, of course, Cool claims the luggage pile.



Denied!



Seriously Cool?



Man, that tank is flexible.



Waiting to board the plane. Don’t you just hate airline delays?




The End.

16 comments:

  1. HAHA! Oh man, that was absolutely hilarious, I love how at the "Dang it Cool, haven’t we told you not to talk to strangers?" part, there's a Molotov next to my head, and I look like I'm about to pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cyh’s finally given up on Cyh and is running away from him as fast as she can."

    I take it Sarah doesn't care much for her male alter ego?

    Aw man... And you guys even had the spot "Zoey" all available and everything (For most of it)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should all go into the next corner and shame yourself for killing Zoey - and stay in said corner for at least two decades!

    Either that or meet me so I can give you one or two alternatives to that (including "killing all of you at least once")

    Killing Zoey... HOW CAN YOU DO THAT! If you want to kill a survivor, kill Rochelle - nobody cares about her and 99% of the community will throw a party every time you do.
    BUT NOT ZOEY! Seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We needed to kill her for the achievement Cool was trying to get. (Plus, it was funny)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What achievement? "No Girls allowed" or what (which can't be as Cyh was still alive)? There is no achievement, what requires you to kill a teammate (no, the two achievements from Sacrifice do not count) and being one man down AND having one less medkit for the team is simply an idiotic decion, weaken the team no matter how you look at it.
    Actually, I am surprised that you made it past the second map...
    (If it was for the expert-achievement, I don't mind to help out getting that.)

    PS: Only killing Rochelle is always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was the unbreakable achievement (no healing). Unfortunately, Zoey kept trying to heal cool so we had to keep killing her. We didn't have anyone to fill the spot and didn't want to play with a random pub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did that with three bots - just take out a medkit and the bot stops healing you. Also using pills prevents them from healing you for a while. I did it that way. (of course, playing easy helps here, but it's still easily done with three bots on normal)

    Or just go idle, let them heal you, come back and continue - also works fine. A bit of cheating but who cares? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well she was also screwing up the man vs tank achievements and the crowned achievements so, honestly, there was really no other way aside from killing her or getting another person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Then next time - get another person (my offer still stands)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ian, can I add you? (By the way i tried to add you before (nickname is [ISL] Gordon Freeman)

    I really want to play you on Left 4 Dead 2 IM BEGGING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol
    @Ian next time you guys get together like this, can you please record and post it? That'd be great with a side of walrus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ian can I play you someday?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, even if he would I don't see how he could contact you since your Anonymous. I don't know how hard Ian tries to interact with the community, so I don't know if he'd do something like that. If he doesn't do stuff like that can't blame him with how many request like that he must get.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anyway, now that I'm not derecting this at Anon I'd like to say great job Ian! Loved reading through it and I was laughing all the way, just like with Barney's Mind! Keep up the great work! Seriously, I wish I could make people laugh as much as you do... I try to alot but am not succesful 80% of the time. Keep up the great work and keep making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do on the rare occasion play with fans. But, since my time is so limited I usually play with friends instead.

    But, yes, as an anon post it's pretty ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete