Monday, April 16, 2012

Harrison's Mind - Episode 4

Harrison's Mind - Episode 4

Good news everyone! I've decided that anyone who reads my blog or is subscribed to our Facebook page will get to see the latest episode of Harrison's Mind a day or two early. Enjoy!

In other news, I'm going to be starting my studying for my structural engineering exam soon. This is a 16-hour test that I've elected to break up into two parts. One eight-hour test in October and another one in April. These are the hardest exams I will probably ever take. The passing rate is about 35% and this isn't college students or someone slacking off. These tests cost over $1000 to take and are obviously not taken lightly so that will hopefully give you an idea of how hard these tests are. I will likely have to study about 6 to 10 hours every week to pass these tests. SO! In light of that I will have even less time than I've had lately for Harrison's Mind and other videos. However, I will continue working on the series and my other videos and will hopefully have an episode out every couple months. Also, once I hopefully pass these tests I will then become a licensed structural engineer and will be able to practice structural engineering without the oversight of a licensed engineer.

Finally, I have a couple of other projects I've been working on. I might have those posted on YouTube sometime in the near future so look forward to those as well.

Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I always thought the SAT exam was the worst experience ever. Looks like I was dead wrong. As a college engineering student, I wish you the best of luck on your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! The SAT is a walk in the park compared to this test. You are allowed to bring literally ANYTHING to this test. Any book, notes, papers, research, manuals, even SAMPLE TESTS! Only things that are not allowed are anything that allows you to contact someone and anything resembling a computer. And it's still super hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow and I was complaining about there not being any new mind the gap episodes nvm than

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as the books go, do you happen to have a copy of the AISC Steel Construction Manual? One of my friends is a civil engineer, and he ALWAYS carries it around with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I own a copy of the AISC 13th edition manual. I carry it around like a bible sometimes. ;) Probably one of the best engineering manuals out there.

    ReplyDelete